Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) Recruitment for Various Doctor Posts 2023
Posts Name: Various Doctor
Educational Qualification, How to Apply & Other Details: Please Read Official Advertisement.
Last Date: 15-04-2023
Advertisement and More Deatails: Click Here
Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC)
Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) is the local governing body responsible for the administration of the city of Surat in the state of Gujarat, India. It was established in 1966 under the Bombay Provincial Municipal Corporation Act, 1949. The corporation is responsible for providing various civic services and amenities to the citizens of Surat, including water supply, sanitation, waste management, public health, and education.
The Surat Municipal Corporation is divided into several departments, each responsible for specific functions. These departments include:
- Water Supply and Drainage Department: Responsible for the provision of water supply and sewerage services in the city.
- Health Department: Responsible for public health, including disease prevention and control, and management of medical facilities.
- Solid Waste Management Department: Responsible for the collection, transportation, and disposal of solid waste generated in the city.
- Education Department: Responsible for the management of municipal schools and providing education to children in the city.
- Urban Planning Department: Responsible for the planning and development of the city, including the regulation of land use, building codes, and transportation.
- Fire and Emergency Services Department: Responsible for providing fire protection and emergency services to the citizens of Surat.
The Surat Municipal Corporation is headed by a Municipal Commissioner, who is appointed by the government of Gujarat. The corporation also has a council of elected representatives, known as the Surat Municipal Corporation Council, which is responsible for making policy decisions and overseeing the administration of the corporation